Education Support Programs
The Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles has opened an Institutional Financial Assistance Office to serve the student clientele at all of its campuses. The coordinator can assist students by phone, via MOI or by video conference.
Each campus makes video conferencing equipment available to its students so they can communicate confidentially with the institutional coordinator.
At the Gaspé Campus, students can speak whith Lesley Lemasurier (L-121) to pick up their guarantee certificates, make appointments or meet with the coordinator.
The role of the CÉGEP GIM institutional financial assistance for education expenses coordinator is to inform and assist students in their efforts to obtain aid via the various education support programs offered by the Ministère de l'Éducation, de l'Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche du Québec that are listed below:
- Loans and Bursaries
- Loans for Part-time Studies
- Allowance for Special Needs :
Explore - French or English Immersion
The coordinator can also provide information and help students with the following loan repayment options :
The coordinator can :
- Évaluate the amount of fiancial assistance a student can obtain;
- Check students' files and follow up on them;
- Help students fill out various forms;
- Help students prove they are independent;
- Inform sudents about measures available to students with major functional disabilities to helps them pursue their studies;
- Inform students about measures available to help them conciliate their studies and family life;
- Inform students about the remedy options which they are entitled (appealing a decision, exceptional cases and complaints);
- Advance funds to students experiencing financial difficulties if they qualify under the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles internal emergency financial support rules.
Institutional financial assistance
Monday to Friday
Gaspé Campus agent
Lesley Lemasurier, L-121
Monday to Thursday
Contact - Financial assistance for education expenses