Duration: 3 years
Placement rate: 91 %
Mean initial salary: $22.30/hr
Offered at: English Section
Co-op education arrangement that allows you to be paid while you train.
Two paid training periods of 8 to 12 weeks each, in industrial settings.
Description of program
The Industrial maintenance technology program aims to give you the thorough training you need to be able to maintain equipment in industrial and wind energy fields. Once you have completed your studies, you will be able to inspect and design control devices and conduct trials of those devices, diagnose problem, calibrate and maintain instruments, do preventive maintenance, replace defective parts and draft verification and maintenance reports.
Choosing to study here
- The Centre québecois de formation en maintenanced’éoliennes (CQFME), plus the other Cégep facilities, gives you access to:
- Three Neg-Micon 750 kW turbines
- 25 different learning contexts, including simulators and test benches. For instance, you will work on a Vestas generator, wind turbine nacelles, etc.
- A mini iron ore mining plant.
- The Equipment and Modification course will allow you to work on Italian Tony/Kart competition karts.
- Courses focus on practical exercises and are linked to current labour market
General admission conditions
To be eligible for college, you have to meet the following conditions:
Hold a secondary school diploma or hold a secondary school vocational diploma and have successfully completed the following courses:
- Language of Instruction – Secondary 5
- Second Language – Secondary 5
- Mathematics – Secondary 4
Special admission conditions
- Secondary 4 math Technical-science or Natural Science
- Secondary 5 Physics
My future in Industrial Maintenance
An industrial maintenance technician can organize, plan and manage maintenance, upkeep and repairs in several fields, such as:
- Consumer goods manufacturing;
- Paper and wood;
- Transport materials;
- Wind farms;
- Mobile equipment parks.
After a few years of practical experience in a maintenance service, you can move on to a post in technolgical development, personnel training or management.
You can continue your studies at university in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electromechanical systems engineering or in teaching professional or technical training.
You can also go to the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) in mechanical engineering or automated production engineering.
Service aux clientèles
418 368-2201, ext. 1420
1 888 368-2201, ext. 1420