Duration: 2 years
Offered at: English Section
Description of program
Interested in a career in science? Passionate about health, engineering and the environment? You want to understand the natural phenomena that surround you? Our program is for you! We will guide you in developing your scientific thinking, your logic and your skills in chemistry, biology, mathematics and physics. Classroom, laboratory
and field activities are offered by a dynamic and dedicated team.
Choosing to study here
- Acquire scientific knowledge throughands-on projects.
- A Help Centre whill make it possible for you to get support in math.
- Choose from two profiles, Health Sciences or Pure and Applied Science, in order to better prepare for university.
- Enjoy a scientific excursion in our unique wildlife environment, where mountains meet the sea.
- Engage in stimulating discussions with your professors about current topics in science.
Rate of admission into university programs higher than the provincial average.
SECOND LANGUAGE IMMERSION:
Take your courses in French and in English, and get individual coaching.
Combine weekly outdoor activities with your courses and obtain sport certifications at the end of your studies.
General admission conditions
To be eligible for college, you have to meet the following conditions:
Hold a secondary school diploma or hold a secondary school vocational diploma and have successfully completed the following courses:
- Language of Instruction – Secondary 5
- Second Language – Secondary 5
- Mathematics – Secondary 4
Special admission conditions
- Secondary 5 Physics
- Secondary 5 Chemistry
- Secondary 5 Maths Technical-science or Science option.
My future in Natural Science
- Health (audiology and speech therapy, chiropractic, diet and nutrition, occupational therapy, kinesiology, medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, optometry, pharmacology);
- Research (biochemistry, bioinformatics, biology, chemistry, math, physics, science);
- Architecture, industrial design;
- Geography and the environment (agronomy, forest management and environment, geodesy, geology, geomatics, meteorology, environmental science);
- Engineering (mechanical, chemical, electrical, civil, physical, industrial, aerospace, computer, geological, mining, etc.);
- Science teaching (high school, college, university);
- And all other university programs that require a DEC to be admitted.
|Course number||Course Title||Ponderation
first semester(28 hours/week)
|101-NYA-05||General Biology I||3||2||3|
|109-101-MQ||Physical Activity and Health||1||1||1|
|603-101-MQ||Introduction to College English||2||2||4|
|602-CGE-R4||French S. L. Common GE||1||2||3||
second semester(24 hours/week)
|202-NYB-05||Chemistry of Solutions||3||2||3|
|109-102-MQ||Physical Activity and Effectiveness||0||2||1|
|COM-001-03||Elective course 1||2||1||3||
third semester(27 hours/week)
|203-NYB-05||Electricity and Magnetism||3||2||3|
|Choice of 1 from 2|
|201-215-GA||Complements of Math||3||2||3|
|202-225-GA||Organic Chemistry I||3||2||3|
|109-103-MQ||Physical Activity and Autonomy||1||1||1|
|COM-002-03||Elective course 2||2||1||3||
fourth semester(25 hours/week)
|203-NYC-05||Waves, Optics and Modern Physics||3||2||3|
|Choice of 1 from 2|
|101-205-GA||General Biology II||3||2||3|
|Choice of 1 from 3|
|201-295-GA||Probability, Statistics and Comprehensive Assessment||3||2||3|
|202-295-GA||Organic Chemistry II and Comprehensive Assessment||3||2||3|
|203-295-GA||Statics, Resistance of Materials and Comprehensive Assessment||3||2||3|
|345-C03-GA||Humanities in sciences and technology||1||2||3|
|602-PGE-R4||French S. L. Applied GE||1||2||3|
Service des communications et des activités internationales
418 368-2201, ext.1420
1 888 368-2201, ext. 1420