Phase I (Student)
- Student should send scanned copies of the following to Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles
(CEGEP GIM) email ID: email@example.com or to our agent.
- Completed and signed application to study in CEGEP GIM.
- Signed CEGEP GIM refund and cancellation policy for International studies.
- Certificate of birth showing the names of the father and mother.
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree of the highest level of education achieved (if the document is in
a language other than English or French a copy of the original must be accompanied by a
translation signed and certified by a professional translator).
- Photocopy of the proof of English proficiency (valid IELTS), if applicable.
- [Note: In countries like India it is mandatory to have IELTS score to seek a student visa
whereas in countries like China, Korea etc., IELTS is exempted. Students who do not have a
proficiency in English seeking admission into CEGEP GIM programs will have to take English
Second Language (ESL) courses to meet the admission requirements].
- Photocopy of the passport's bio-data page (passport should be valid).
Phase II (CEGEP GIM)
- CEGEP GIM will review the application and supporting documents. If the applicant is
accepted, the CEGEP GIM will email the applicant's pre-admission letter along with the
necessary bank details to send the first semester payment.
- If the applicant is not accepted, an email will be sent to the Student notifying the rejection.
Phase III (Student)
The Student should forward the first semester tuition fee via wire transfer to CEGEP GIM.
[Note: After completing the wire transfer, students are requested to send a copy of their wire transfer receipt to the institution. While forwarding the wire transfer receipt, students are advised to clearly state their name and Date of Birth (DOB) on the wire transfer receipt. This would help the institution identify their payment easily].
Phase IV (CEGEP GIM)
Upon receiving the first semester tuition fee the institution will send an email to the student / agent with the following:
- Letter of Acceptance
- Fee receipt indicating the amount received
Phase V (Student)
- Fill the Quebec Acceptance Application (CAQ) form online and pay $ 109 (Canadian Dollars
One Hundred and Nine only).
- The form, conditions for obtaining a CAQ for studies and the cost for applying, are available
at the following address: www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/etudes-demarches.
- It takes about 20 business days to obtain a CAQ if the application is filled out correctly.
- The CAQ is emailed to the email ID provided in the application and a copy is directly sent to
the Canadian Visa Office that is indicated in the application.
[Note: Phase III, IV and V can be done in one step to expedite the process].
Phase VI (Student)
- After obtaining a CAQ for studies, you must apply for a study permit from the Canadian Visa
Office (CVO). You will find contact information for the various CVOs and the conditions for
obtaining a study permit at the following address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english.
- The Student should inform CEGEP GIM of their arrival date.
[Note: Phase V, VI can be done simultaneously but lodging the application should be with CAQ to expedite the process].
Phase VII (Refund Process)
- In case student's visa application is rejected, student has to submit a refund request in
writing to the CEGEP GIM. The Institution will review the request and process refund subject
to the following conditions:
- The student must present their original passport to the Agent with the original refusal letter
from the Canadian Consulate/ Canadian Embassy.
- The Agent will peruse the entire passport and the rejection letter to ensure student has a
legitimate claim for a refund.
- The Agent will then make copies of all the pages of the passport along with the rejection
letter from the Canadian Consulate.
- Once all the required documents are received, CEGEP GIM will process the refund within 30
In case Student processes refund by directly contacting CEGEP GIM the Student is requested to do the following:
- Email all pages of their original passport to the Institution to support their claim.
- The Institution will peruse the passport to ensure that the student has a legitimate claim for a refund.