Assistance to help you succeed
The Gaspé Campus offers a variety of services to support you academically.
Your student advisor is the person you need to see for any matters related to your academic situation. Your advisor can help you:
- Obtain academic assistance suited to your needs.
- Choose your courses.
- Settle any class scheduling problem.
- Drop courses.
- Adjust your program.
- Decide on a workload adapted to your abilities.
- Obtain course equivalences or substitutions.
- Obtain a commandite so you can take a course at another college.
- Approve a motivated postponement or absence in the case of a final exam or a prolonged absence from class. Approve a motivated withdrawal from a course due to illness or a major impediment.
- Correct an error in your academic record or ask for a review of your grades.
You can consult the guidance department if you have questions about your academic or professional options. The department can give you information about college programs and the labour market. It can also help you choose your program of study or career, taking into account your interests, aptitudes and personality.
Personal academic counselling
The personal academic counsellor is the person to see about any issue regarding your academic advancement. Your counsellor can help you:
- Get personal academic counselling;
- Select your courses;
- Deal with any class schedule-related problem;
- Cancel one or more courses;
- Rearrange your program;
- Determine the work load you are able to take on;
- Get course equivalences or substitutions;
- Obtain a sponsorship so you can take a course at another college;
- Approve your justification for a late assignment, failure to sit for a final exam, prolonged absence from classes;
- Approve your justification for dropping out of a course because of illness or unavoidable circumstances; or
- Correct an error on your transcript or ask to have a grade reviewed.
Academic and professional information
The Academic and Professional Information Department is open to anyone needing information about programs offered at the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles.
To speak with a guidance counsellor or personal academic counsellor or to get academic or professional information…
Isabelle Coulombe, Guidance Counsellor and Personal Academic Counsellor
To set up an appointment…
Call 418 368 2201, ext. 1777, between 8 am and 4 pm
Appointments can take place between 8 am and 4 pm, from Monday to Friday, in Room 121.
To set up an appointment
Contact Pedagogical Services at 418-368-2201, ext. 1777, between 8 am and 4 pm.
Appointments can take place between 8 am and 5 pm, from Monday to Friday.
The adapted services team welcomes and supports impaired students while they are at college. The team is available to address the needs of people with physical, sensory, neurological or organic impairment as well as those with learning disorders (attention deficits) or mental health problems.
The range of assistance includes:
- Academic support;
- Extra time for exams;
- Exam-writing in an adapted services room;
- Use of specialised software (Antidote, WordQ, Médialexie, etc.);
- Note-taking service;
- Peer assistance;
- Physical assistance;
- Sound or Braille recordings;
- Use of adapted equipment (e-dictionary, C-Pen, etc.);
To apply for adapted services, students must provide a medical certificate specifying their diagnosis.
To speak with someone in the adapted services office…
418 368-2201, ext. 1441
Teacher-student tutoring in some programs
Personalised tutoring provided by a teacher is available for some programs. In such cases, the teachers’ availability is posted at the beginning of the term. To obtain information about the tutoring service, contact the coordinator of your program.
An assistance centre is open to students who have difficulties in French, English, Math, Physics and/or Philosophy. Report to Room 308 to find out when the teachers are available and to make an appointment.